One of the most important purchases you’ll ever make when it comes to biking, motoring or any other motor activity is a helmet – and not just any helmet, but one that meets your specific needs and requirements for safety. The LS2 helmets have been around for some time now, with many touting its impressive features and protection against accidents.
In this blog post, we’ll explore the LS2 line of helmets to determine whether they are actually a good purchase. We’ll take an in-depth look at all aspects of these helmets including performance elements like comfort and weight balance; as well as safety features such as how it will fit onto your face (in order to protect from head trauma). So if you’re tired of searching for the best bike helmets on the market, then read on!
Table of Contents
The Importance of Wearing a Helmet While Driving – Key Safety Issues
Wearing a helmet while driving is an important safety measure that helps protect your head from injury should you be involved in an accident. Not only does wearing a helmet reduce the risk of serious head injuries, but it can also help prevent broken bones, concussions and other injuries. Helmets are designed to absorb shock and dissipate energy away from the head upon impact, which lowers the chances of a traumatic brain injury or death.
In addition to wearing a proper-fitting helmet while riding on roads, drivers should also use their hands to signal turns and stops at intersections. This allows other drivers on the road to recognize your intentions and react accordingly, reducing the likelihood of collisions and increasing safety for both drivers. It’s also important to maintain a safe speed and follow the rules of the road at all times.
By taking these simple precautions, you can reduce your risk of an accident while on the road and keep yourself safe in case one does occur. Wearing a helmet while driving is just one part of responsible driving habits that help ensure everyone gets home safely. 
Types of Riding and Helmets Required Accordingly
Riding a motorcycle is more than just a hobby; it’s an exciting and thrilling way to explore the world. There are many different types of riding, each with its own unique style and requirements. In addition to knowing which type of riding you want to do, it’s also important to understand the safety gear that goes along with it. Different types of riding require different helmets and protective gear, so make sure you know what type of equipment is required for your chosen style before heading out on the road.
- Cruiser: This type of riding involves long cruises down scenic roads or highways at a leisurely pace. A full face helmet is typically recommended for cruiser riders, as these offer maximum protection in case of an accident. Many cruiser helmets are designed for maximum comfort as well, so you can enjoy your rides in style.
- Sport Bike: Sport bikers take their riding to the next level with high-speed action on winding roads. A full face helmet is still recommended, but a more aerodynamic design may be used to reduce wind resistance and maximize performance. Additionally, riders should also consider investing in protective gear such as leathers or armored suits for extra protection.
- Off-Road: Off-road riding takes place on rougher terrain with more obstacles than traditional highway riding. Specialized off-road helmets offer greater protection from debris and impacts than standard road helmets. Full coverage of the head and body is essential when taking part in this type of riding.
- Adventure: Adventure riders combine the long-distance cruises of cruiser riders with some of the more extreme terrain associated with off-road riding. As such, they require a helmet that offers greater protection from both impacts and debris than a standard road helmet while still maintaining comfort for longer rides. 
It’s important to make sure you have the right type of helmet for your chosen style, as this can mean the difference between a safe ride and an accident waiting to happen. Make sure you’ve done your research before heading out on any ride, so you can be confident in your safety gear and enjoy your travels without worry. With the right equipment, you can experience the world on two wheels in total confidence.
What Protective Devices Needed for Safe Bike Riding?
Safety is essential for bikers. To ensure a safe and comfortable ride, the following protective devices should be worn at all times:
- Helmet: A helmet protects your head in case of an accident. Make sure to choose one with a Department Of Transportation (DOT) sticker that certifies its quality and safety.
- Jacket: Look for jackets made from leather or Kevlar, which are both highly durable materials that will protect you in the event of a crash.
- Gloves: As well as protecting your hands from wind burn and road debris, they also provide better grip on the handlebars while riding.
- Boots: Biker boots provide important ankle support, along with protection against abrasion and other hazards.
- Protective eyewear: Sunglasses or goggles can protect your eyes from debris and wind while riding, in addition to reducing the risk of eye strain. 
By following these simple tips, you can ensure a safe and enjoyable ride every time you hop on your bike!
Is It Worth Choosing LS2 Helmet Lineup?
The LS2 helmet lineup is an excellent choice when it comes to safety, comfort, and style. These helmets are designed with advanced aerodynamics in mind, providing superior protection without sacrificing ventilation or visibility. They also offer a wide range of sizes and colors to choose from so you can find the one that fits you best.
Moreover, they are lightweight and well-ventilated, making them perfect for long rides on hot days. With all these features combined, it’s no wonder why the LS2 helmet lineup is such an appealing option for riders looking for top-notch head protection. So if you’re in the market for a new helmet, be sure to give LS2 a look – you won’t be disappointed! 
What Types of Helmets are Available from LS2?
LS2 offers a wide selection of helmets to suit any type of riding style. From adventure touring and off-road helmets, to motocross and street bike lids, LS2 has the perfect head protection for you. Their adventure touring helmets feature extended coverage in the rear and side areas, offering maximum protection when hitting the dirt or gravel roads.
For those looking for maximum performance on the streets, LS2’s street bike helmets offer full face coverage with advanced aerodynamics and ventilation design features. For ripping up the track or tackling dirt trails, LS2’s motocross helmets provide maximum coverage with their lightweight construction and aggressive styling. No matter what type of riding you enjoy doing, LS2 has a helmet that is perfect for you.
You can also choose between types of helmet fits on your head. There are full face, modular, open face, off road and junior. All LS2 helmets offer a perfect fit due to their ergonomic design and adjustable features. Depending on the model, these include removable cheek pads and quick release straps for easy adjustment. With a wide range of sizes, colors and graphics available, you’ll be sure to find the ideal helmet for your riding needs from LS2. 
Evaluating LS2 Helmets According to Must-Have Criteria
- Price: LS2 helmets offer a variety of options for different budgets, with prices ranging from under $100 to over $200.
- Comfort Fit: LS2 helmets use a 3D comfort lining and multi-layer cheek pads that provide superior comfort while wearing the helmet. The padding is also removable for easy cleaning or replacement when necessary. Plus, the quick-release strap makes it easy to make sure the helmet fits snugly and securely on your head. Additionally, their flexible peak can be adjusted in order to provide better coverage from rain and sun glare while also helping to further minimize wind noise. All this makes them one of the quietest helmets
- Safety Standards: All LS2 helmets meet or exceed DOT standards, ensuring that you’ll be safe while riding your motorcycle or other vehicle.
- Visual Appeal: With its sleek design and modern look, the exterior of an LS2 helmet is sure to turn heads as you ride by.
- Visibility: The wide range of visors available for LS2 helmets ensures that you’ll always have optimal vision while riding.
- Airflow Ventilation: The large number of vents built into LS2 helmets provide ventilation and keep your head cool in even the hottest conditions.
- Durability: LS2 helmets are designed to last, with reinforced nylon construction that is resistant to impacts and scratches.
- Weight: These helmets generally weigh less than 2 pounds, making them comfortable and easy to wear for long periods of time.
- Noise Reduction: The ear pockets and thick padding provide noise reduction from wind or other sources, allowing you to ride peacefully on the open road. The products are fitted with a wind tunnel tested shell design which helps to reduce wind noise when riding at higher speeds while also helping to improve aerodynamic stability.
- Variety: With a wide variety of styles, colors, and features available, you’re sure to find the perfect LS2 helmet for your needs.
Key Disadvantages of LS2 Helmets
- Due to the lack of peripheral vision offered by LS2 helmets, it can be difficult to see what is going on around you while riding. This could lead to dangerous situations where riders are unaware of their surroundings and other vehicles on the road.
- While LS2 helmets offer great noise reduction, they do not provide enough acoustic insulation for riders in loud traffic areas or windy conditions. Earplugs may need to be worn in order to reduce wind noise and other outside sound sources that can interfere with safe riding.
- The ventilation system of LS2 helmets may not always allow for adequate air circulation which can result in overheating during long rides or in hot climates. This could leave riders feeling uncomfortable. However, the line is constantly being improved to offer riders better and more comfortable conditions.
- LS2 helmets are more expensive than other types of motorcycle helmets, making them an investment that may not be feasible for everybody. This can limit the number of riders who have access to the safety benefits offered by these models.
- Some LS2 helmet models are heavier than other motorcycle helmets, which can make them uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time. The extra weight can also cause neck strain during longer rides and may inhibit riders from turning their heads quickly, leading to a dangerous situation in traffic or when facing obstacles on the road.
- LS2 helmets require more regular maintenance than other types of motorcycle helmets, as they are exposed to a greater range of temperatures and weather conditions than some models. This can add up if riders are not prepared for the extra effort that is necessary to keep them in optimal condition.
- Depending on the model, the visors used with LS2 helmets may be difficult to use or replace when needed. This could leave riders without clear visibility until a new visor is purchased or installed which could be dangerous in certain situations.
- Since LS2 helmets are made with carbon fiber, they are more prone to cracking or becoming damaged in the event of an accident.
LS2 Helmet Technology
There are a number of reasons why millions of bikers around the world dream of buying an LS2 motorcycle helmet. The Spanish quality is unquestionable, and the innovative technologies aimed at providing maximum comfort and safety:
The first and perhaps most impressive feature of LS2 helmets is the use of advanced Multi-Composite Technology. This innovative technology combines the crystals from four different types of materials – aramid, carbon fiber, fiberglass and dyneema fiber – to create a shell that is both lightweight and extremely resistant. The combination of these materials results in a helmet that can withstand incredible impacts while maintaining its maximum strength.
Another fantastic addition to LS2 motorcycle helmets are their built-in ventilation systems. Thanks to strategically placed air vents across the shell, your head will stay cool even during extended rides in hot weather conditions. Additionally, the dynamic flow-through system allows for air to pass naturally through the chin bar and exhausts it at the rear, further ensuring optimal ventilation.
Finally, LS2 helmets come with a built-in emergency system – an extra protection layer tucked inside the lining of the helmet. This system allows for detachment in case of an accident so that riders can be quickly and safely removed from their bikes without risking any additional head trauma.
Among other essential technologies are:
- Cleatech – a hypoallergenic lining material;
- Polycarbonate added to the vizor glass for high clarity of vision;
- Anti-fog coating on the inside of the visor;
- Anti-scratch coating on the outside of the glass;
- Pinlock – option indicating what is suitable for the use of lenses;
- Tear off film – good visibility in all weathers, etc.
How to Choose the Best Helmet for Driving – Key Steps
Following these steps should help you find the perfect helmet for whatever activity you are planning on doing. Remember, safety always comes first! Invest in a quality helmet that provides the best protection for your head and face.
- Make sure the helmet meets safety standards: Look for a sticker or label inside the helmet that indicates it meets the latest safety standards.
- Check for proper fit: Try on several helmets to determine which is most comfortable and fits best. The helmet should sit level on your head without sliding forward or backward when you move your head up and down or side to side. It should not be too tight or pinch in any areas, but should instead feel snug and secure like a glove around your head.
- Consider features such as ventilation, padding, weight and noise reduction: Some helmets have extra features which may make them more comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. Additionally, lighter helmets tend to be less fatiguing than heavier ones. 
- Choose the helmet style based on your needs: If you need a helmet for motorcycling or bicycling, choose one that provides coverage for both your head and face (full-face). For skydiving or other sports activities, an open-face design may be more appropriate.
- Test the visor system: Make sure the visor moves smoothly without obstruction and can be easily removed if necessary. If using a modular helmet with a flip-up shield attached to it, test to see if it operates properly and locks securely in the open or closed position.
- Look for warranties: Many helmets include a warranty that protects you against defects or other issues that could affect your helmet’s performance. If no warranty is included, consider purchasing one separately from the manufacturer or retailer.
- Consider cost: While cost should not be the only factor when making a purchase, it can help narrow down the options available to you; however, remember that safety always comes first! Choose a helmet with features and protection you require within your budget.
- Take care of your helmet: Always store your helmet in its original box away from direct sunlight and heat sources as well as potential impact hazards such as other helmets or objects. Make sure to clean your helmet regularly and inspect it for signs of wear or damage before each use. 
Are LS2 helmets good or bad?
These helmets are generally regarded as good quality and reliable. They have been tested to meet or exceed safety standards, and they offer a range of features that provide comfort and protection for riders. Additionally, LS2 offers a warranty on their helmets, which is longer than many other helmet brands. Ultimately, whether an LS2 helmet is right for you depends on your riding style and personal preferences.
Are LS2 helmets certified?
Yes, LS2 helmets are certified to meet the most stringent safety standards in the world. They have been tested and approved by both the European Economic Community and United Nations Economic Commission for Europe. This means that these helmets offer superior protection against impact and abrasion compared to other brands. LS2 also carries a range of other certifications such as DOT, NBR, SNELL, etc. These certifications give assurance that you will be well protected while riding your motorcycle or scooter.
Are LS2 helmets noisy?
No, LS2 helmets are designed to be as quiet and comfortable as possible. The aerodynamic shell design helps reduce wind noise while the Multi-Density EPS Liner provides effective sound insulation from road noise. For extra comfort, the interior is lined with a breathable hypoallergenic fabric that wicks away moisture. The internal air flow system directs air through the helmet for maximum cooling and ventilation. With all these features combined, you can expect an LS2 helmet to be one of the most comfortable and quietest helmets on the market today.
Which is the best helmet in the world?
When it comes to helmets, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. The best helmet for each rider depends on a variety of factors such as head size and shape, riding discipline, expected conditions and budget. Many riders have different helmets for different types of riding – a full-face downhill helmet for aggressive mountain biking, for example, or an aerodynamic road bike helmet for racing.
Useful Video: LS2 Storm Helmet Review | Great Looks but Worth Buying?
There is no doubt that LS2 helmets are the best choice for any rider who cares about their safety. Not only do they provide excellent protection, but the additional features like removable liners, adjustable visors and quick-release systems make them even more attractive for riders who want to purchase quality and durable equipment. Indeed, choosing the right helmet is essential for a safe ride. For their unbeatable combination of reliability, protection and comfort, LS2 helmets are the perfect choice for a fun and safe journey on two wheels. If you care about your safety and have been considering buying an LS2 helmet, then don’t hesitate – this is a decision that will serve you well.